Market Assurance is governed by the Retail Market Assurance Strategy. The strategy specifies the scope of assurance as follows:
- New entrants to the Market.
- Existing market participants entering a new market segment.
- An existing supplier wishing to be eligible as a Supplier of Last Resort.
- Updates of the market design and changes to central systems.
- Re-qualification process for participants planning material changes in their processes or systems and participants planning to expand beyond the volume limits or their original assurance certification.
- Assurance of other areas within the Market as required.
Market Assurance Documentation