The Industry Governance Group (IGG) oversees the ongoing operation of the retail electricity market. RMDS acts as the secretariat for the IGG and associated sub-groups.
Services provided by the secretariat include:
- Minute taking and preparation of agendas and other meeting documentation.
- Bring all change requests to the IGG group for discussion and to any associated sub group when necessary
- Co-ordinate responses and Group recommendations to the Commission. Develop an agreed work programme for the implementation of agreed market changes. This will involve scheduling of agreed changes as appropriate and the production of annual work plans.
- Communication to the industry of changes to the agreed baseline market design, testing procedures and upgrade and release planning issues.
Chairmanship and Membership
The IGG is chaired by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) and consists of representation from the following participants:
- Suppliers as approved by the CRU
The IGG hold a meeting every eight weeks and alternate between the CRU offices in Tallaght and the UR offices in Belfast. All documentation relating to the meetings is available on the Calendar of Events on our website.
Four weeks after the IGG meeting RMDS hosts a conference call. This provides market participants with an additional opportunity to discuss issues and to receive updates on any relevant matters.
All documentation relating to the conference calls is also available on the Calendar of Events on our website.